Prepare time: 1h 35min
Ready in: 2h 5min
Creamy chicken penne recipe for your eyes and taste buds. Garnish with tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, spinach and much more. Enjoy your meal, everyone!
- 500 g chicken breast, per Maillard
- Olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 6 slices crispy cooked prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 237 ml cream 10%
- 1 cup finely grated Romano pecorino cheese + some for serving
- 454 g penne
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp ground cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot filled with salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente following the instructions on the package. Pour into a colander, rinse under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the spices for the dry marinade and mix. Place the chicken in a large airtight dish and pour the spice mixture. Close the dish and stir to coat. Set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a skillet heated over medium heat, add a dash of olive oil and cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked and more pink inside. Cut into strips and set aside.
- In a very large skillet over medium heat, pour a dash of olive oil and add the onion and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes and sundried tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, just until spinach drops.
- Add the prosciutto, cream and pecorino cheese, then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring, to thicken the sauce.
- Add the pasta and chicken and stir to combine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to reheat. Spread and garnish with fresh Romano Pecorino cheese!