Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 17 min Ready in: 32 min
Creamy Macaroni with FonduCook leftover fondue meat in a different way with this creamy macaroni, a quick supper idea perfect for weekdays.e Meat
- 500 ml (2 cups) whole wheat macaroni
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) olive oil
- 300 g (2/3 lb) slices fondue beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 carrot cut into small cubes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) chopped garlic
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 can 398 ml diced tomatoes
- 1/2 jar of processed cheese spread (Le petit crémeux type) 400 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the macaroni al dente. About 2 minutes before the pasta ends, add the broccoli to the pan. Drain.
In the same saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook a few slices of beef at a time for about 30 seconds per side. Set aside on a plate.
In the same saucepan, cook the onion, carrot and celery for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the macaroni, broccoli, beef slices and cheese spread, then stir until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.